Why Invest in a Franchise?
Business Format Franchising, to give it its full title, is a proven method of starting your own business. All business start ups involve an element of risk of course. When you become a Junk Hunters franchisee however you will have access to a distinctive brand name as well as an operating system and a methodology for gaining business that has already been proven and tested and importantly, has a track record of success and profitability.
Building your franchise will still involve hard work on your part and we will expect you to follow our ‘system’, after all that is how we successfully grew our own business.
As your franchisor, we are there to help and support you during the lifetime of our partnership. It has been said many times before, but we feel that it is worth repeating, we will only be successful based on the success of our franchisees. We therefore have a vested interest in ensuring that you realise your business ambitions.
Use Franchising as a Route to Success
Below are some facts that may help you to decide that franchising is the best option for you to start a business:
- The franchise industry is worth £15.1 billion to the UK economy
- There are 901 ‘franchise systems’ operating in the UK (most of them you will never have heard of)
- This accounts for over 44,000 franchisees
- Over 600,000 people make a living in franchised businesses
All figures via the latest British Franchise Association/NatWest Survey
All very positive figures, but perhaps the most persuasive facts from the survey are the ones listed below:
- The survey showed that 97% of franchisees reported profitability
- Business failure across all franchised units due to commercial reasons was 0.2%
- Banks in the UK typically favour lending to franchised businesses Vs other stand alone small businesses on the basis that they are much less likely to fail.